BYO laptop and sleeping bag to Camp Unspeakable -- an overnight music production workshop for women at the Unspeakable Studio in the heart of sunny Los Angeles. Connect with fellow female artists in a safe and supportive environment as we workshop one another's music, participate in collaboration activities, and learn new production tips & tricks.
Program will include:
- Collaborative music creation
- Constructive feedback in a safe, supportive environment
- Creative workflow strategies and time-based challenges
- Advice on navigating today's music industry
- One-on-one artist mentoring with the instructor
- Open Q&A on music and creative living
Date: January 28th & 29th, 2017
Location: Unspeakable HQ in Los Angeles (address sent upon registration)
Tuition: $295 (nonrefundable)
Come prepared with:
- 2 or more songs-in-progress to workshop
- Portable MIDI Controller
- Sleeping Bag + pillow
Food and drinks will be provided!
How to apply: send an email to email@example.com including your name, phone number, a link to your soundcloud page, and brief statement on why you make music. Phone interview will be scheduled shortly after your application is received.
About the instructor:
Dot (Kate Ellwanger) is a producer, vocalist, and multi-instrumentalist based in Los Angeles. She is a member of beat-collective TeamSupreme, founder of Unspeakable Records, and has taught music production and composition at critically-acclaimed institutions including The Los Angeles Recording School, Dubspot, Point Blank, and Garnish. Learn more.